Estate Planning is the process by which an individual or family arranges the transfer of assets in anticipation of death. An estate plan aims to preserve the maximum amount of wealth possible for the intended beneficiaries and flexibility for the individual prior to death. An estate plan ensures that the client’s desires as to their passing of property to their family and other beneficiaries are fulfilled. We assist our clients in reaching their estate planning goals. We will work with our clients throughout their lives to update their goals as time passes.
One Path Legal concentrates on these aspects of estate planning:
- Develop a customized plan which generally addresses tax considerations, protection and transfer of assets to beneficiaries;
- Drafting of Wills and Trusts
- Consulting on the transfer of assets so as best to preserve them for your loved ones.
- Ensuring the existence of Advanced Directives including a Living Will, Power of Attorney for Healthcare and other necessary Durable Powers of Attorney
International Estate Planning: When a client is coming to the United States temporarily or if they intend to permanently reside in the United States, there may be jurisdictional and tax consequences to their estate at death and/or disability. There may be a conflict in the laws which govern their estate plan depending on their intent during their stay in the United States.
- Develop a customized plan which generally addresses tax considerations, protection and transfer of assets to local and foreign beneficiaries;
- Where appropriate, draft Wills, Trusts and Advanced Directives (Living Will, Power of Attorney for Healthcare and Durable Powers of Attorney);
- Ensure any available tax saving techniques are utilized