Work Visa

Business & Employment Related Non-immigrant Visas:

B-1 Business Visitor:

Business visitors can travel to the United States for up to 6 months for business trips. The use of this visa is restricted and does not permit a person to be employed or paid for services provided in the United States.

E-1 Treaty-Trader:

This visa is for nationals of countries who have entered into treaties with the United States and are coming to the United States to carry on substantial trade principally between the United States and the treaty country.

E-2 Treaty-Investor:

This visa is for nationals of a treaty country engaging in investment in the United States who have invested, or are in the process of investing, substantial capital in a real and operating commercial enterprise. The investor must also develop and direct the enterprise.


To work in a specialty occupation. Requires a higher education degree or its equivalent. Includes fashion models of distinguished merit and ability and government-to-government research and development, or co-production projects administered by the Department of Defense.

H-2B Temporary Employees:

For temporary or seasonal non- agricultural work. Limited to citizens or nationals of designated countries, with limited exceptions, if determined to be in the United States interest.

H-3 Job Trainees:

To receive training, other than graduate medical or academic, that is not available in the trainee’s home country or practical training programs in the education of children with mental, physical, or emotional disabilities.

J-1 Exchange Visitor:

This program allows foreign nationals to gain special training and experience that they could not get in their home countries so that the home country can benefit. In most cases, the alien must return to the home country and work for at least two years, and the alien cannot obtain a Green Card in the U.S. without a special waiver. Examples of J-1 visitors are: A trainee receiving on-the-job training with firms, institutions and/or agencies in a specialized field of knowledge, a teacher giving instruction in established primary or secondary schools or established schools offering specialized instruction, and/or a professor or research scholar conducting advanced research in an established institution of higher learning.

L-1: Intra-Company transferees:

To work at a branch, parent, affiliate, or subsidiary of the current employer in a managerial or executive capacity, or in a position requiring specialized knowledge.  Individual must have been employed by the same employer abroad continuously for 1 year within the three preceding years.


For persons with extraordinary ability or achievement in the sciences, arts, education, business, athletics, or extraordinary recognized achievements in the motion picture and television fields, demonstrated by sustained national or international acclaim, to work in their field of expertise. Includes persons providing essential services in support of the above individual.


To perform at a specific athletic competition as an athlete or as a member of an entertainment group. Requires an internationally recognized level of sustained performance. Includes persons providing essential services in support of the above individual.


For performance under a reciprocal exchange program between an organization in the United States and an organization in another country. Includes persons providing essential services in support of the above individual.


To perform, teach or coach under a program that is culturally unique or a traditional ethnic, folk, cultural, musical, theatrical, or artistic performance or presentation. Includes persons providing essential services in support of the above individual.


This visa is for religious workers coming to the U.S. to work in a religious vocation, profession or occupation for a bona fide nonprofit, religious organization in the United States. The religious worker must have been a member of the organization’s same religious denomination for at least two years immediately prior to the R-1 visa petition process.

TN Category:

As a result of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), business investors, traders, intra-company transferees, and professionals from Canada and Mexico may be eligible for non-immigrant visas into the U.S.



Schedule an Appointment