The U.S. attracts many foreign nationals to its diverse and strong institutions of learning.

F-1 Visa (Academic Student): allows one to enter the U.S. as a full-time student at an accredited (U.S. government- approved) college or university. The student must be enrolled in a program or course of study that culminates in a degree, diploma, or certificate.

F-2 Visa: Spouses and children of F-1

F-3 Visa: Canadian or Mexican national academic commuter students

M-1 Visa(Vocational Student): is issued to students who want to pursue non-academic programs (health care technician, machinist, dental hygienist, etc) in an established institution.

M-2: Visa Spouses and children of M1

M-3 Visa: Canadian or Mexican national vocational commuter students

Exchange Visitors: Certain Students Can Qualify for J-1 Visas.

J-1 (Exchange visitors) Visas: This program allows foreign nationals to gain special training and experience that they could not get in their home countries so that the home country can benefit. In most cases, the alien must return to the home country and work for at least two years, and the alien cannot obtain a Green Card in the U.S. without a special waiver. Examples of J-1 visitors are: A trainee receiving on-the-job training with firms, institutions, and/or agencies in a specialized field of knowledge, a teacher giving instruction in established primary or secondary schools or established schools offering specialized instruction, and/or a professor or research scholar conducting advanced research in an established institution of higher learning.

J-2: Spouses and children of J-2